Friday, June 08, 2012

Featured Artisan: Love Locks Accessories


Source
First off, tell us a little about yourself!

Am a graphic designer, so naturally i love to design and create different forms of "art". I chose to stay home with my two little boys and filled up my time with making jewelry. I started with an idea of putting beads on everything. I chose to start with jewelry because all i needed to make it was beads. Right now i am planning to create themed collections as well as adding more items like flip flops, cup cozies, cushions and other accessories to each collection. I appreciate things handmade and crafts.
I still love doing my graphic work, so recently started a design company with my husband in Toronto, Canada.
Source
How did you start creating your artwork, and how long have you been doing it?

I bought a jewelry set and thought i could create something like this! So i went out, bought some beads and created my first pieces back in 2005 but in very small quantities and i didn't sell so much. It was also on and off until 2012 when i was re-inspired and motivated to make more pieces and sell.


Source
Where do you get your inspiration from?

I find inspiration in color and pattern. Sometimes its the materials am using in my jewelry, sometimes its the piece itself. My latest items were inspired by a "tassel" which led to a whole Moroccan themed collection.

Is there anything else you would like to share?

Each piece i make leaves a memory with me. I am happy to learn that people love the jewelry i make and it only inspires me and makes me want to create more pieces.


Facebook: www.facebook.com/lovelocksaccessories
twitter: @lovelocksacc








1 Comments:

That second pair of earrings are amazing, so beautiful, so feminine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More