Friday, July 15, 2011

Featured Artisan: Endexus Creations

Today, I am interviewing a lovely friend and talented fashion designer, Edna of Endexus Creations. Today, she will showcase her latest designs at the Africa Fashion Week in New York (AFWNY).  Endexus Creations is all about "Ethnic African Heritage Fused with modern designing to give a dimension of aesthic apparels."


First off, tell us a little about yourself!
Edna Ndebele is my name. Proudly Zimbabwean. I come from a family of 6 although of all I am the artist..I love art.  I have been blessed with a wonderful husband and a wonderful daughter TANATSWA. I love fashion designing.


How did you start creating your artwork, and how long have you been doing it?
I have been in the industry for almost 6years now and I have enjoyed each year that passes by because every year comes with new ideas that make me grow as a designer. I believe being a designer is something that I was born with. For me being a designer comes natural; so I cannot specify excactly when I started because it has always been a part of me.


Where do you get your inspiration from?
I am inspired by nature. I am inspired by everything that surrounds me. My background, my Zimbabwean culture. All these play an important role in bringing out my designs.

Outside of crafting what else do you enjoy doing?
I love singing and acting..

Is there anything else you would like to share?
word of advise, it is always good to try, never be afraid to try.


More of Edna's work can be found on her website

www.endexuscreations.com


Facebook Page:

Thanks for the interview Edna, all the best at the Fashion Show!
 
 
 

3 Comments:

What lovely gowns. That yellow one is stunning. What a statement. Good luck at the show!

WOW!! I have no words for how incredibly wonderful those gowns are!! I bet Endexus Creations will be a show stopper!!

Hi lovely, I have an Award for you!!!
Visit me...
Besos, desde España, Marcela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More